When applying to the World Language Teacher Graduate Certificate program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online application
- Application fee of $50
- Successful completion of Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) foreign language content exam or ACTFL OPI
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Goal statement (upload with application – statement should describe interest in teaching and background experiences in the target language use –study abroad, family connections, travel or favorite coursework)
- Two letters of recommendation (identify your recommenders on the application); (a) an academic professional letter, (b) a letter from someone who can evaluate the applicant’s personal qualifications, experience and background considering the potential to work successfully with students at the P-12 levels or (c) a letter from a current work supervisor (if applicable)
- Official transcript: minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to [email protected] or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302
To meet certification requirements in Georgia, you will also need to complete the following prior to program admission:
- Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment; click here for information and how to register for the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment.
- Certification only
- Certification with master’s
- Masters without certification