A completed application includes:
- Submitted Online Application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Create a new account
- In the drop-down menu of Please select a college, select University Wide.
- In the drop-down menu of Please select a program, select Interdisciplinary Studies, Master of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- In the drop-down menu of concentration, select Urban Studies.
- Application fee: A non-refundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Personal essay: This statement is your means of presenting yourself to the Admissions Committee. You should submit a short typed statement of personal and professional goals as they relate to the certificate or degree program you are seeking. Most applicants write two typed pages, summarizing their work experience, the reasons they have chosen the program, why they want to attend Georgia State and how the degree fits in with their career goals.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS Academic scores.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters should be submitted through the online application.
- Upload Transcripts from each post-secondary college/university attended:
- Upload each transcript to the Academic History section of the online application before submitting your application or upload to your application status page under the Upload Materials section if your application has been submitted.
- Review requirements for submitting transcripts here.
Failure to follow these requirements will delay your application processing.
**Official transcripts will only be required if an applicant is admitted to the program.