A conferred bachelor’s degree is the only requirement for applicants interested in applying for the doctoral program.
Our admissions committee reviews each candidate’s entire application and weighs each piece equally, which we call a holistic review. We don’t eliminate applicants based solely on test scores or GPA. Students with lower GPAs can bolster their application by using their personal statement to explain why they earned the grades they did, including a resume that describes their research experience, submitting a strong writing sample and having stellar recommendation letters.
Since each application undergoes a holistic review, we do not have required minimums.
The average scores for previously accepted doctoral students are as follows:
|Cumulative Undergraduate GPA||3.47|
|Cumulative Graduate GPA||3.66|
For application instructions, application tips and frequently asked questions, visit the Ph.D. How to Apply webpage.
The following materials are required for admission to the Ph.D. in Translational Biomedical Sciences program.
- Online Graduate Application
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts from each college and/or university attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- English Proficiency scores, if applicable
- Course-by-course credential evaluation from an approved NACES member, if applicable