A completed application includes:
- Submitted online application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Application fee: A nonrefundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Goal statement: The goal statement is your means of presenting yourself to the Graduate Admissions Committee. You should submit a short, typed statement of personal and professional goals as they relate to the Master’s in Criminal Justice degree program. Most applicants write two typed pages, summarizing their work or relevant academic experience, the reasons they have chosen the program, why they want to attend Georgia State and how the degree fits in with their career goals.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) academic scores (International applicants only): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS Academic scores.
- Three letters of recommendation: Three letters of recommendation should be submitted through the online application. At least two of these letters should be from current or former college instructors/professors who can describe the applicant’s academic ability and assess readiness for the Master’s in Criminal Justice degree program at Georgia State.
- Upload transcripts from each post-secondary college/university attended:
- Upload each transcript to the Academic History section of the online application before submitting your application or upload to your application status page under the Upload Materials section if your application has been submitted.
- Review requirements for submitting transcripts here.
- Failure to follow these requirements will delay your application processing.