- Statement of purpose
- Academic writing sample (class research paper) recommended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume (assistantship applicants only)
- Transcripts (one from each institution attended)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international applicants only) *
* Institutional code 5251 should be used for reporting TOEFL
It is helpful if at least one of the letters of recommendation is from a former professor who can speak to your past scholarship and aptitude for graduate-level work.
For the statement of purpose, submit a statement which summarizes your research, academic and potential professional interest, and details your intellectual interests as they relate to communication.
You may use the statement to bring information to the attention of faculty reviewers you think is of importance. For example, if your application contains evidence of special strength or weakness, you might choose to address that in your statement. If your undergraduate or graduate transcripts would benefit from additional explanation (for example, if you wish to call to our attention your higher grades in communication-related courses or your record of improvement), it would be appropriate to add that language to this statement.
You should address the question: Why do you wish to pursue studies with the Georgia State Department of Communication? If you are undecided about the particular direction you wish to pursue, do your best to specify the direction you are heading.